Sunday 9 December 2012

Balmy Palmy

For the past two and a half weeks I have been living in Palmerston North! My friend Glenn (from my previous road trip) offered me and my friend tim to paint on of his houses in exchange for some cash! I arrived on the Wednesday and for the first few days stay at Glen flat with his three flat mates Steve, Phil and Nicki who were all really sound, apart from the fact that by the time I have left I have acquired the name butler. I guess because I'm such a helpful person ;) so we spent many a night chilling out in Steve's spa ( four in at once was a bit awkward as it was a little small) , also we watched films, Chilled with a few beers and ate a lot of takeaway food. During the day I painted Nicki came to help for the first week a few days and also Cheri, who was a really lovely lady who tim (when he arrived) and myself we going to stay with the next couple of week, so as not to over crowd Glenn's flat. So we sanded down the weatherboards on the house and then undercoated the whole house.

Tim arrived on the Saturday afternoon and we headed down the beach with Cathy , Nicki and Sander ( Tim friend) it was an awesome road trip, with blaring music Chelsea daggers and thrift shopping were just a few of the song. On the Sunday we went to church with Steve and just hung about the flat, chilled in the spa.

Monday through till Friday we worked on another of Glenn's houses, sanding down weather board, using filler to fill in the cracks and put the first lot of undercoat on! We had now moved in to Cheri house with her husband Darren and four kids Esther, Isaiah, Annalena, and Abbi. They were a truly awesome family and entertained us with board game, we played jungle speed and just generally just chilled out! We also went out in the evening I found a local boxing club and went there on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the guys there were really friendly and as I was only there for two weeks the guy didn't charge me for coming along! Also I played football on Tuesday and I even started going running, the furthest I ran was 17km! I loved it for the fact that it was a really nice place just to settle and sort things out!

Me and tim went out on the weekends in to Palmy to a few club / bars most night
we good evenings!

So next week on the house we started on the windows taking them out and sanding them down, filling and undercoating them and on the Friday we did a bit of insulation underneath the house!
I still went and bugged glens flat mate, they ran out of tea so I bought the some more (they need to learn how things are done), Steve wanted a lift to a job interview so he let me drive his BMW which was cool and I went out for coffee with Nicki which was fun and I watched her pour sugar into the salt dispenses. Phil was a cool bloke, he was a tree surgeon and so I got on with him and understood his tree talk!

Again at the weekend we went out into palmy for another really awesome couple of nights out!

So tomorrow I am heading to the South Island! So thanks to all the people I've met in Palmy and thanks for the memories!

Blitzy!















No comments:

Post a Comment